TO ALL THE WAF REGIONAL AND ARCH/DIOCESAN DIVISIONS
Dear Brothers and Sisters:
In light of the health crisis brought about by COVID-19 which eventually affected our economy and way of living, not to mention the scheduled activities already in place in the National and Regional Divisions, the WAF Philippines National Executive Committee held an online meeting last March 28, 2020 at 7:00 PM, attended by majority of the national officers. After several deliberations, the body agreed to the following:
- All National and Regional meetings and activities for the year 2020 shall be PUT ON HOLD and shall be rescheduled to next year 2021:
a. Special National Council Meeting – March 2021
b. Regional Congresses – May 2021
c. National Assembly of Spiritual Directors – December 2021
- The 23rd Biennial National Convention supposedly scheduled on May 2021 shall be moved to May 2022.
- Submission of proposed amendments to the National Constitution and By Laws shall be extended to September 30, 2020.
- By October or November 2020, a draft of the submitted proposed amendments shall have been compiled by the National Formation Coordinator, Reynald Andales and distributed by email or messenger to all voting delegates.
- There will be a production of short video clips containing formation modules to sustain the need for continuous formation to our members, this will also be taken cared of by the National Formation Coordinator and uploaded to our Facebook Page, Chat Groups and Website.
- Consultation on the conditions of the various divisions shall be done in the midst of this COVID-19 crisis through online media.
- The status of Capelinha image received by WAF EPM from the Sanctuario shall be put on hold, awaiting reply from the donor.
In relation to the fulfillment of the First Saturday Devotion, allow me to quote the guidelines set by the WAF
During the First Saturdays that we are kept in our family homes, we will fulfill the Great Promise of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in the following way:
a. Confessing our sins spiritually to Jesus, with deep repentance and perfect contrition, as Pope Francis taught us when there is no Sacramental Confession available, promising to receive the Sacramental Confession as soon as possible;
b. Having a Spiritual Communion of Reparation, with the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary;
c. Praying the Rosary and meditating its mysteries;
d. Sharing in the company of Our Mother Mary’s solitude and making her company for 15 minutes of meditation, in addition to the reflection of the mysteries of the Rosary;
e. Offering this to unite our family in God’s love, grace and mercy; liberating us from “the spirit of the world”.
Should the leaders have questions pertaining to the approved decisions stated above and other matters related to our apostolate, yours truly and some of the national officers are available for consultation online through email, messenger, viber or text message. We suggest that you always keep in touch and updated in all online media platforms and continue performing our individual spiritual exercises in the comfort of your own homes, most especially the online eucharistic celebrations and rosaries.
Our National Spiritual Director, Bishop Guillermo Afable, also imparts to all WAF members his paternal blessings and mutual prayers.
In this time of crisis, we are assured of a motherly protection therefore we must not worry and be afraid, for this too shall pass, and we always entrust everything to the Immaculate Heart of our dear Mother who, at Fatima once said: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.”
Our fervent prayer now is that may the Lord grant us the grace of perseverance and weather out this storm just as He calmed the storm while He was asleep on that boat with His apostles, we just need to have faith.
Sincerely yours in the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
DEBRA A. ANDALES
WAF Philippines National President
MOST REV. GUILLERMO AFABLE, D.D.
WAF Philippines National Spiritual Director